Prathidhwani conducts session on "Hydroponics and Scope of IoT in Soilless Farming"
One of the biggest advantages of cultivating our own food is that we know what it contains. With the use of water, precise quantity of minerals, optimal environment and ideal conditions - all monitored and controlled using advanced IoT and smart sensors, we can make sure that what we produce is absolutely safe to consume.
You can learn the basics of farming, plant growth, conditions required, different hydroponic system and its automation, etc in this 1.5 hours session including a live rooftop hydroponic farm tour.
- History of hydroponics
- Basics of hydroponics -advantages and disadvantages
- Types of hydroponic system
- Substrate medium for hydroponics
- Optimal growth conditions
- Use of various techniques and instruments in Hydroponic
- How can we adapt a system for home use. in limited space
- Know about nutrients, tds, pH
- Types of crops that can be grown
- Pest and diseases (basics)
- Taking care of your hydroponic system
- Indoor and outdoor, grow light
- Common problems encountered.Why people are discontinuing hydroponics after some initial enthusiasm
- The economics
- Question and answers
Date: 31st May 2020, Sunday,
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Register here(Zoom link): https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcofuytqD8vH9INg9R5xTIUyG2JRfsiLboW
If you have any queries please contact :
Habeeb Rahman - 98950 88865
Krishnan Harshan - 9895594088