The master of science fiction Isaac Asimov once said "It is the writer who might catch the imagination of young people, and plant a seed that will flower and come to fruition." Taking this in mind last year, Prathidhwani, the Socio-Cultural Organisation of Technopark Employees, conducted a creative writing contest first time in the history of Technopark. And that is Srishti 2014, which was a great chapter in the Technopark history. Technopark Employees displayed their talent in “Srishti 2014” with 250 entries flowing in the contest. Mr.Jyothish Kumar, Mr. Jophin Varghese, Mrs. Meera M S, Mrs. Sarija Sivakumar, Mr. Vinod Appu P G, Mr. Sandeep Somasekharan, Mr. Indu Anish, Mr. Dhanesh K. Nair, Mr. Sabarish Parameswaran, Miss. Amogha Rajeesh, Mrs. Surbhi Singh, Mr. Vineesh Krishnan, Mr. Musfir Mohammed, Mr. Sreejith Shankar Raja P C, Mr. Adeeb A. Karim, Mr. Vinod N, Anand P, Nancy Elsa Job, Visakh B. Nair, Dainy Daynesious, Reji Thomas Mathew & Mr. Bimal Raj N are secured the different awards in different categories in Srishti 2014. Srishti 2014 award function was inaugurated by famous Malayalam poet Shri V Madhusoodhanan Nair in Travancore hall, Park centre and was attended by eminent poet and jury member Shri Kureeppuzha Sreekumar & other jury members Smt Chandramathi, Shri P V Shajikumar, Shri Gopi kottoor and Shri Vinod Vellayani. After the grand success of Srishti 2014, Prathidhwani proudly announcing the second session of Srishti,the creative writing contest in English and Malayalam for Poetry, Short story and Essay. It is a well known fact that there are many strong writing talents in the Technopark community and Srishti is the only one event that targets to bring out the hidden creative talents of techies. So the eminent and aspiring writers in Technopark, Prathidhwani cordially invite you to rush in your entries to Srishti 2015, the only platform in Technopark to excel your talents. An Eminent Panel of Judges will evaluate your entries and there will be prizes for first and second prizes under each category. We welcome all techies to showcase their skills in this “creative writing contest
Please refer below the detailed guidelines.
Guidelines for Srishti-2015
1) The contest is open to technopark employees of all phases.
2) Creative writing must be an original work in the form of a poem, short story or essay.
3) Entries should be either in english or malayalam.
4) All entries must be submitted online to the following email address depends on the category:
- a.) Short Story: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b.) Poem : email@example.com
- c.) Essay : firstname.lastname@example.org Entries should reach by no later than 30th of September 2015. 5) Only individual participants are allowed.
6) Only one entry per category may be submitted by an individual.
7) Entries of ‘Srishti 2014’ won’t be considered for ‘Srishti 2015’
8) All entries which are eligible for judgement will be listed out in the website after September 30th and readers will be given the privilege to vote for the best (Yes, a reader’s choice award !!!).
EMAIL SUBJECT: The entries should be emailed with the following subject lines for each categories.
1) Poem – “Srishti Poem English/Malayalam ” eg: “Srishti Poem Malayalam Suresh Kumar”
2) Short story – “Srishti Story English/Malayalam ” eg: “Srishti Story English Suresh Kumar”
3) Essay – “Srishti Essay English/Malayalam ” eg: “Srishti Essay Malayalam Suresh Kumar”
ENTRY RULES: 1) Entries should be in unicode format. 2) Do not send the story/poem/essay as an attachment. Cut and paste the content in body of the e-mail. 3) Maximum length for each category:- Poetry – 60 lines Short story – 4,000 words Essay – 5,000 words ESSAY TOPIC: English: Twenty Five years of Technopark- Hopes and concerns of employees. Malayalam: Stories and poems can be on any theme. AN ENTRY MUST ALSO HAVE: 1) Title of entry 2) Participant’s full name 3) Company name 4) Participant’s mobile number 5) Participant’s email address Be sure your name and other details are at the top of the submission.
SRISHTI 2015 DEADLINE: Rush in your entries by 30th of September, 2015.
WINNING ENTRIES: Winning entries will be notified via telephone and email by middle of October 2015, by the Prathidhwani team. The winners will be invited to attend the award ceremony which will be conducted by the end of October.
JUDGING: The judging panel will comprise persons of eminence in literature & creative writing. The decisions of the judges are final.
PRIZES: Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd positions in each category and language as judged by the Jury. Along with the jury prizes, entries that were voted best by the readers via online will also be awarded. Decision to publish in website for voting shall only be with the organising committee.
FOR QUESTIONS/DOUBTS, CONTACT: Short Story: Bimal Raj N. ; Mob: 8129455958 ; email: email@example.com Poetry: Raneesh A R ; Mob: 9947006353 ; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Essay: Aravind K R ; Mob : 9895026276 ; Email : email@example.com